Well, I say non polish, but I got a bottle of polish in my bag. =)
"Bag?" you ask? Why yes! For those of you who don't know, Ipsy is a thing! It's a monthly subscription that costs 10 dollars. You receive a cute little makeup bag and 4 - 5 items chosen for you from their selection for the month(sometimes super lovely fill sized!!).
Right now there is NO waiting list!!!! You know you want this if you don't have it!
Sign up HERE!!!
Ahem... All of that aside, I am pleased to present to you my reviews for my 5 beautiful items from Ipsy! Before I do that, however, I'd like to give a rundown of how I will be reviewing cosmetics from Ipsy, and other other means.
- Scent: This matters a LOT to me. If I find a smell unpleasant of ANY product, I have a hard time using it. Is it my first most important feature? Probably, let's be fair.
- Ease of Use: Is it understandable to use with only the directions labeled? It is true a lot of products should be a given, right? Everyone knows how to apply lipstick! Right? That's actually incorrect. If this were the FIRST time I'd ever received a product, will I understand how to use it without Googling or prior knowledge?
- Effectiveness: Does it do as advertised?
- Consistency: Is the formula pleasant, and does it seem to STAY that way? It can need shaken (this is a polish blog, after all!!), it just needs to be nice and easy after that.
- Desire: Is this something I am pumped to have gotten? Would I purchase this again and recommend to a friend? Regrets? This may touch on cost, as well.
Let us begin!!!
Ipsy August 2015!
The bags are mostly approx 5" by 7". Also, most of them work GREAT for a Nintendo 3DS case! =D
Onto the pretties!
- Scent: Pleasant. It kind of smelled like beer??? And flowers?
- Ease of Use: Perfectly understandable. Spray throughout damp hair and blowdry.
- Effectiveness: It's hard to say. My hair is so... volumized... anyway that products like this don't seem to do much. It did feel nice after a blow dry though. =)
- Consistency: Its a liquid spray. So nice.
- Desire: My desire for this product is none. As I said, it's not a product I need.
- Scent: Not that great. It kind of smelled like an oatmeal lotion might, but slightly more not yummy.
- Ease of Use: Spread on, let sit, rinse off. Easy!
- Effectiveness: My skin felt softer, less tight after the rinse. It even seemed softer into the next day too!
- Consistency: Goes on clear, so your SO doesn't laugh at you! It's a nice formula!
- Desire: Nope. I have plenty of face masks that smell like freaking nectarines and heaven. This worked quite well, and I /might/ use it again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.
Note: This burned. For like a good minute or two it just burned. =( I probably should have removed it right away, but then it faded. So I just went with it.
Skone Cosmetics Luxe Doubler Eye and Lip Pencil in Wine
- Scent: None really. So that's nice. The wood smells like wood. Haha!
- Ease of Use: It says lip/eye pencil on it. It comes with the assumption you'd need to know what those are. I should come up with a term for that so I don't have to say it in every review. =P
- Effectiveness:It's a super nice line! If it's very sharp, the line can be very fine. It didn't need any other coats (or go-overs!) to make it pretty.
- Consistency:I think in all my playing with it there was like 2 flakes. So it's nice!
- Desire:I love it! It's a great color and works well. If I were in the market for more lip pencils, I could see myself turning here!
Noyah All Natural Lipstick in Desert Rose
- Scent: Pleasant. Like childhood. Playing with all of mom's lipsticks as a kid, this reminds me of those. Not a lot of lipsticks do that, though. It smells less chemically, however.
- Ease of Use: Haha! It does have directions it's so cute!! Open, Apply, Smile.
- Effectiveness:My lips are a different color. Works great!
- Consistency: "Note the creamy all-natural formula" it says.
- Desire: If I were a lipstick junkie, I'd be all over buying more of this brand. As it is, I just get little lipsticks through glam bags and they are all I use!
We've seen this beauty before! Check out this post for a manicure using this polish. This creme polish was nice and opaque in two coats, but isn't the best self-leveler, so I went ahead and topped it with my trusty Seche Vite. I won't bore you with bullets on this one. I think by now you understand my love of lacquer!!
Thank you SO much for reading! PLEASE: If you are a beauty blogger, I'd love advice on cosmetic reviewing. I like to think I'm doing it a bit differently than others, but I don't want to be so far off the mark that it's not understandable!
Don't forget to sign up!
Don't forget to sign up!